[Asterisk-Users] Boards falling out...

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Feb 4 08:05:18 MST 2004

> Has anyone else experienced this problem? What could I do to solve it
> (seat the little card a little more permanently)?

Haven't experienced it but I would think that a small bead of silicone
sealant would hold things in place.  As the stuff cures it will release
acetic acid but so long as you're not forcing the goop into the connectors
(rather just around it) you should be fine.

They do make RTV silicone sealant that does not release this acid as it
cures; look for "Neutral" RTV sealant but as I have said, I've *never* run
into problems with the normal stuff and holding down electronics so long as
you're not going out of your way to get it into the connections.

Regards,
Andrew