[Asterisk-Users] Dialling Hook Flash on Zaptel

Grzegorz Nosek blackfire at metal.art.pl
Tue Feb 3 15:49:25 MST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:33:24 -0600, David Gomillion wrote
> Steven Critchfield wrote:

[flames, non-flames etc. snipped]

> what about something like this?  NOTE: THIS IS NOT WORKING
> CODE.  It is an idea, a concept.  If you want to try it to
> make it work, then you will have to build on this.
>
> exten => _*XX,1,Dial(Zap/1/1)  (dials a 1 on the outgoing
> zap interface, probably needs a short timeout)
> exten => _*XX,2,Flash()
> exten => _*XX,3,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})
>
> The flash is probably on the wrong side, as I look at it
> more closely.  This will probably send the flash to your
> VoIP client.  But maybe you could look into scripting with AGI.

I'm not sure it'll work as Dial doesn't return to the dialplan. It
seems like the only clean method to do this would be to extend
chan_zap to include flash as an extra digit (a'la W). Would a
copy-paste from app_flash do? I have no zaptel devices to begin with
so I can't really check.

Or maybe some voodoo with transfers, local channels etc. would work?

> And with that, I bid the fair Asterisk-User's list a
> farewell, at least for posting.  I will now become one of
> the countless other leaches who give nothing back to the
> community.  It was good to get help, and I tried to help
> others out, but I have a lot better things to do than spend
> my time helping others only to get flamed every time I turn around.
>
> You need to remember that we're all volunteers.  I will only
> take it in the teeth so many times before I say goodbye.
>
> Go ahead and rip me a new one.  Have fun.  Rant, rave, call
> me stupid.  Tell me I have no value, and that I contribute
> nothing.  The more you say it, the more accurate it becomes.

Hey, why take things personally? I think Steven is known for his
inflammatory posts. Sure it isn't nice to be flamed openly and IMHO
Steven is doing a fine job scaring people away from the list
(sometimes just *too* fine), but we (=the newbies, like me) all end up
learning something. In this way I find his posts doing more good than
harm. From a third-person perspective (not being flamed by him - yet?)
I'd describe his posts somewhere between informative and funny with an
occasional flamebait (yes, I do hang out on /.)

That being said, I'm mostly a lurker myself.

Regards and don't feel too offended :)
 Greg