[Asterisk-Users] The Smallest Asterisk Server Ever?

Tony Kava asterisk at pottcounty.com
Tue Feb 3 11:31:12 MST 2004

> > The Snom IP phone runs Linux inside?  I assume as Linux
> > is GPL'd Snom will supply the source code?  It would be
> > fun to install an Asterisk server in a phone.
>
> Similarly, I know there was a stink about Linksys using linux
> inside a router. I just picked up a USR 802.11g router that
> would be cool to get a small VoIP only asterisk install on.
> It would make setting up those 802.11b phones nice and easy.

That is a neat idea.  I think the Linksys product you mentioned (or at least
one Linux-based Linksys product) is the WRT54G.  I believe Linksys took
steps with their latest firmware to prevent people from messing around
inside the router.  Below this paragraph is a link to someone's
informational site on the model.  They were running snort IDS on the unit.
If someone has one of these units perhaps they could let us know if they get
anywhere with an Asterisk install. :)

http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g.html

--
Tony Kava