[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 quick dial

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Feb 3 09:35:53 MST 2004

> Is there a way to make  the Cisco 7960 SIP phone dial out automatically
> without having to press the dial button, once the numbers that you have
> entered match a specific pattern?  This feature is present when the phone
> is working with a Cisco CallManager.  For example, if all of my internal
> extensions begin with a '5' and are four digits long, if I dialed '5123' on
> the phone, the call would initiate once I pressed the '3'.  Any help would
> be appreciated.

Yes, the phone will do what you want. One of the files the phone downloads
at boot time is "dialplan.xml". In it are entries like:
 <TEMPLATE MATCH = "0"  Timeout="1" User="Phone"/>
 <TEMPLATE MATCH = "3..."  Timeout="0" User="Phone"/>
etc.

I do not have any documents handy that describe the different options, but
the options have much of the same functionality as * exten -> statements
have.

Rich