[Asterisk-Users] upgrade problems

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 08:56:32 MST 2004

I upgraded to 0.7.1 from a cvs version from a few weeks before 0.7.1 was
relesed.
now I am having troubles with my dialing plan and voice mail.

As part of the upgrade I re-built the machine so there was a blank slate
however after installing 0.7.1 I had no mail box creation script and
could not figure out how to go about creating a mailbox, any suggestions
would be usefull.
I have looked at tall the docs I can find and the closest I get tells me
to use the script to create a mailbox, but there is no script.

The second problem I am having is that my dialplan is not working how it
used to, for reasons I cant quite put my fingure on;
here is the dial plan:

[ Context 'default' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  's' =>            1. Goto(well|3000|1)           [pbx_config]

[ Context 'in-sip' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  Include =>        'voicemail access'
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'users' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '5000' =>         1. Hangup()
[pbx_config]
  '5001' =>         1. Hangup()
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'well' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  'h' =>            1. Hangup()
[pbx_config]

  Include =>        'emergency'
[pbx_config]
  Include =>        'voicmail access'
[pbx_config]
  Include =>        'external access'
[pbx_config]
  Include =>        'extensions'
[pbx_config]
  Include =>        'no match'
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'extensions' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '3000' =>         1. Dial(${p1}|10|tr)
[pbx_config]
                    2. Answer()
[pbx_config]
                    3. Background(vm/3000/unavail)
[pbx_config]
                    4. Voicemail(3000)
[pbx_config]
                    5. Hangup()
[pbx_config]
                    102. Background(vm/3000/unavail)
[pbx_config]
                    103. Goto(4)
[pbx_config]
  '3001' =>         1. Macro(Standard-Ext|${p2})
[pbx_config]
  '3002' =>         1. Macro(Standard-Ext|${p3})
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'no match' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '_.' =>           1. Playback(sorry-no-match)
[pbx_config]
                    2. Hangup()
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'external access' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '_9.' =>          1. Dial(${Line1}/$(EXTEN:1))
[pbx_config]

  Ignore pattern => '9'
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'emergency' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '112' =>          1. Dial(${line1}/${emergency})
[pbx_config]
                    102. Hangup(${line1})
[pbx_config]
                    103. Goto(1)
[pbx_config]
  '999' =>          1. Dial(${line1}/${emergency})
[pbx_config]
                    102. Hangup(${line1})
[pbx_config]
                    103. Goto(1)
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'voicemail access' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '8' =>            1. VoicemailMain()
[pbx_config]

[ Context 'macro-Standard-Ext' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  's' =>            1. Dial(${ARG1}|10|tr)
[pbx_config]
                    2. Answer()
[pbx_config]
                    3. Background(vm/${MACRO_EXTEN}/unavail)
[pbx_config]
                    4. Voicemail(3000)
[pbx_config]
                    5. Hangup()
[pbx_config]
                    102. Voicemail(b${MACRO_EXTEN})
[pbx_config]
                    103. Hangup()
[pbx_config]

here is what happens:

Call connects and during unavailable message 8 is pressed which used to
pass me through to voicemailMain and allow access to mail boxes.
now I get hung up and the following messages are displayed:

  == Everyone is busy at this time
    -- Executing BackGround("Zap/1-1", "vm/3000/unavail") in new stack
    -- Playing 'vm/3000/unavail' (language 'en')
  == CDR updated on Zap/1-1
    -- Executing Playback("Zap/1-1", "sorry-no-match") in new stack
Feb  3 15:33:58 WARNING[229391]: file.c:446 ast_openstream: File
sorry-no-match does not exist in any format
Feb  3 15:33:58 WARNING[229391]: file.c:734 ast_streamfile: Unable to
open sorry-no-match (format UNKN): No such file or directory
Feb  3 15:33:58 WARNING[229391]: app_playback.c:83 playback_exec:
ast_streamfile failed on Zap/1-1 for sorry-no-match
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (well, 8, 2) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (well, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

any input would be great, have I not installed something or is there a
config file which has a new format as of 0.7.1?

please help

Regards
Chris Lee