[Asterisk-Users] Problems with chan_sip: random calls have no sound withouth any errors

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Tue Feb 3 07:48:19 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have been busy with this problem for a while now, but I can't find any
solution. First I thought this was a problem with the phones, but all my
phones have this problem. (2 SNOM 200, 2 GS 102, 2 Cisco 7960). I tried
all firmware versions I could find for the phones.

First, my situation:
- No NAT, No Firewall, same subnet
- Codec configuration:

In general:
disallow=all
disallow=g723.1
disallow=g729
disallow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

In the phones:
disallow=all
disallow=g723.1
disallow=g729
disallow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

But I also tried other codec configs. (allow=gsm, etc). Same problem.
I'm testing from the Cisco 7960, as this phone seems to work best. I
could also test from another phone with the same results. The S is for
Success (can talk), the F is for Failure(Call gets setup but no
speech/sound).

Cisco 7960 to SNOM
S,S,F,S,F,F,F,S,S,S,S,S,F

Cisco 7960 to GS
S,F,S,S,F,S,S,F,S,F,

I placed a sip debug from asterisk for each situation at the following URL:

http://audix.noc.ams-ix.net/asterisk/dumps/

- cisco_to_gs_failure.txt
- cisco_to_gs_success.txt
- cisco_to_snom_success.txt
- cisco_to_snom_failure.txt

Somebody have a clue? I'm thinking of filing a bug but I want to make
sure this is no configuration or other problem at my side.

Thanks and kind regards,

Geert Nijpels