[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1102 Auth

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Feb 3 07:11:32 MST 2004

> I'm evaluating  a mediatrix 2fxs 1102.
> seems great (it has also supervised transfer, that's
> very needed in office environments and works well).
> the only I thing I cannot make work is the auth
> to my asterisk server.
> If I don't set a password into the mediatrix and
> *, I can call out, but still the registration goes wrong.
> using a password, nothing works.
>
> I've done some trace with ethereal, comparing the registration
> process of one sip phone and of the mediatrix.
> A sip phone registration normally works this way:
> * phone tries to register
> * asterisk sends out trying and then a "proxy auth required"
> * the phone answers back with the logon data.
> now the phone is registered.
>
> the mediatrix stops at step2: never
> answers to asterisk with logon data after a "proxy auth required"
>
> any hint?

I've never played with the 1104, however others have reported that it
does register correctly when properly configured (and with * properly
matching).

In order for anyone to offer any suggestions, however, you'll have to
pass along the config info for both * and the 1104. Would suggest the
sip.conf entry (section) for "one" extension, and the relavent associated
entries for that extension programmed in the 1104. (no passwords please)