[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1102 Auth

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Tue Feb 3 06:51:48 MST 2004

Hi all.

I'm evaluating  a mediatrix 2fxs 1102.
seems great (it has also supervised transfer, that's
very needed in office environments and works well).
the only I thing I cannot make work is the auth
to my asterisk server.
If I don't set a password into the mediatrix and
*, I can call out, but still the registration goes wrong.
using a password, nothing works.

I've done some trace with ethereal, comparing the registration
process of one sip phone and of the mediatrix.
A sip phone registration normally works this way:
* phone tries to register
* asterisk sends out trying and then a "proxy auth required"
* the phone answers back with the logon data.
now the phone is registered.

the mediatrix stops at step2: never
answers to asterisk with logon data after a "proxy auth required"

any hint?

Matteo.

--
Matteo Brancaleoni
Espia System Administrator
Email : mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Web   : http://www.espia.it
Phone : +39 02 70633354      - ext 201
IAX(2): guest at 213.140.14.155 - ext 201
Iaxtel: 1-700-56-62458       - ext 201