[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with a laptop with built-in Intel 537 modem

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Mon Feb 2 20:43:00 MST 2004

Below...

I don't think so.  I think what you are doing is hacking the driver to think
that your built-in modem is an X100P you are successful in this.  The
problem is that your internal modem is not an X100P, and is not compatible,
and you haven't hacked your driver at all to to speak Intel 537, it still
speaks X100P, so driver-hardware communication doesn't work.

I think an alternative would be to get a separate box (mediatrix?) which has
FXO ports and can talk to asterisk using SIP.  I think this would be the
quickest solution which is almost as portable as your laptop.

Cheers,
Woody