[Asterisk-Users] compile error (still having problems)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Feb 2 12:01:27 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 11:58, jjj3 jjj3 wrote:
> Ok genius! Or better: thank you "God"!!!
>
> As you were, I'm on the begining of learning how everything works in unix's
> systems. But some times people forget the they also borned with a little
> less knowlegde then they have today.
>
> In other words, everybody had once ago the same question. But not you,
> right?

So you made a beginner mistake, you haven't done much research and
instead you have asked questions. Unix gurus tend to become that way
only through many years of digging into problems. So when beginners ask
questions such as this, we are really pointing you to the beginning of a
hole you must start digging in to get the knowledge you want. When you
digest fully this information, you will be better equipped for the next
problem.

Thats why I trimmed your quote to point you at the specific problem you
needed to tackle. I even pointed you to the man page that would explain
the options used, and that should have lead you to the next part of the
answer which is that you didn't have a libssl.so in a path that gcc or
ld knew about.

So while you may have thought I was rude or just insensitive, I was just
trying to make you a better person and prepare you for the future where
you will only run into more problems. The more you know the less likely
you will find this type of response. Mainly because you will be able to
answer the simple questions on your own. Only difficult questions will
remain. Once you truly get to difficult questions, you will probably
have enough of a base to figure out most of them on your own too.