[Asterisk-Users] How do I provide redundancy and reliability w/ Asterisk?

phollenback at pobox.com phollenback at pobox.com
Sun Feb 1 14:05:00 MST 2004

I'm trying to set up an Asterisk system for a small office, and one thing
I haven't figured out yet is how to best provide reliability.  One way
to go seems to be a T1 for all my incoming phone lines.  What if that T1
goes down?  Can I use mutiple POTS lines in conjuction with a T1, all
connecting to my Asterisk server?

What if my Asterisk server fails?  Should I use two Asterisk servers, one
connected to the T1 and one to the POTS lines?

Thanks,
P.

--
Philip J. Hollenback