[Asterisk-Users] FXO to IAX on ethernet. or FXO to SIP on Ethernet

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 31 06:15:13 MST 2004

> Now I have searched around and not seen anything to do this.
>
> I want to in remote locations were we need to have single or 2 PSTN
> lines for in dial as little hardware as possible and as stable as
> possible so that they will operate without user intervention.
>
> What I want to do is be able to take a single PSTN line in and go out
> through adsl for the Inet link.
>
> These would be in VERY remote locations like smaller towns so they would
> need to be simple, stable and require little to no user intervention
> after they are installed.
>
> Does anyone know of any hardware that will do this or a way that this
> could be done or ??????

Sounds like you want something like the Sipura SPA-3000, which has one
fxo port (pstn), one fxs port and one Ethernet (voip) port. About as small
as it can get, remotely configurable via a browser, very stable, no
buttons or screens, and a good selection of codecs for adjusting to
small dsl bandwidth.

Downside: more config options then you care to imagine; a little
difficult to initially configure if you're not heavily into voip
and telephony stuff. About $100 US.

I've never played with a spa-3000 in a nat environment, but since
several of the itsp's support it, it must work okay.