[Asterisk-Users] IAXy reliability issues >> try an Ag-168 ?

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Thu Dec 30 20:28:53 MST 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:01:17 +1100, Adam Goryachev wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 08:00 +1000, Gary wrote:

>> >Well, that certainly limits it's useful future. A neat toy, with limited
>> >market potential.
>> >
>> >I'd certainly like to hear about it's successor, then, because any kind
>> >of IAX-based ATA is something that would seem to have a future with
>> >Asterisk.
>>
>> Do a google fo an AG-168 device based on the PA1688 chipset.
>>
>> it available now.
>>
>> BTW, these ATA units are cheaper than an IAXy here in Australia as
>> well.
>
>Can you point out any specific places that stock this item? I'd
>certainly be interested in it...

In Australia, IP Trading might have some left from the last batch....

One nice thing which people can use...

These units suppport PPPoE and PTP.

Think about it and you might realise how handy this can be.

In our situation we have been using PPPoE extensively and it
has made life easy for us, but ptp can be used the same way :-)

Gary
.