[Asterisk-Users] Helping communications to Asia area.

Leo Salas lsalas at 1starnet.com
Thu Dec 30 16:35:23 MST 2004

I am an Amateur Radio Operator in Texas and I've been listening to the voice
emergency radio nets.  Anyone who knows a ham can help out by offering calls
through VoIP systems.  Contact your county or city emergency coordinator to
get information on who your Ham Radio Emergency Coordinators are.  Usually
the Emergency Coordinator for city and county will be sheriff, mayor, fire
or police chief.

A big thanks to all VoIP services assisting with communications!  Remember
Amateur Radio Operators do not take money for their communications service.
It's the law.

Salvation Army Emergency Response Team http://satern.org/ and the
International Red Cross
http://www.redcross.org/services/0,1103,0_313_,00.html
use Ham Radio Operators tremendously during these types of events.  And ham
radio had really stepped up to the plate for this one.  For more news on ham
radio response, go to http://www.arrl.org/

73's Leo Salas, N5JEP
ARRL Emergency Coordinator
Paris, Lamar County, Texas