[Asterisk-Users] VoiceConduits - Notice, Apology, and Clarification

Marc Storck mstorck at luxadmin.org
Thu Dec 30 15:45:25 MST 2004

Hello,

what made me think most of a scam was the fact that nobody responded to
my support request, nobody sent me a notice that the service is not yet
actively marketed, there was/is no notice on the website. If only 5
users where able to sign up and I'm one of them, then it shouldn't have
been that difficult to contact those users and tell them what's up with
voiceconduits.

I would be happy to get the ordered TollFree numbers online... I hope
they were not part of the deal with that company just passing away....

Althought I didn't get a call, please accept my apologies, I'll be more
than happy to use your services as soon as they are available, or even
as test-user (but please tell me so ;-) )

Thank you for your messages to the list,

Marc

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> ml-asterisk-users at voiceconduits.com wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> This is David Deutsch, and I’m the owner of VoiceConduits. There seems
>> to be some confusion related to our company, regarding the past few
>> posts.
>>

>> VoiceConduits is currently NOT open for public business, we have never
>> to date advertised or attempted to attract business. It appears that a
>> few people heard about our company via a mention in a SineApps article
>> and found our beta system that is under development. We apologize that
>> a few people managed to sign up via this interface, and we will
>> happily refund anyone who did so immediately, additionally we will
>> supply them with free credit to be used once we are in fact live.
>>

>> It was certainly never our intention to “defraud” individuals of the
>> asterisk or voip community, our understanding is that only 5 people
>> have managed to signup thru this automated system, and we will be
>> contacting each of them individually to insure they are refunded and
>> happy with the resolution.
>>

>> Thank you,
>>

>> David Deutsch, President
>>
>> Tris Telecommunications, LLC
>>
>> (800) 547-4057 x1001
>>

> David,
>
>     Thank you for calling me and clearing things up.  It seems that once
> you have VoiceConduits up and running it will be an excellent service. I
> really do look forward to doing business with VoiceConduits.  For the
> record:
>
> 1) The Sri Lanka number was a cell phone in India, where David was
> helping with the tsunami.
>
> 2) The Wyoming \ Nevada inc. thing, was done to minimize personal
> liability, as in Delaware.  Why I don't necessarily agree with it, I can
> certainly understand why you would want to do it...
>
>     In the world of spam and shoddy internet transactions, it is not
> that hard to at least make your company LOOK legitimate.  This includes
> valid contact numbers, good communication, accurate WHOIS records,
> etc.   I can appreciate that you were not ready for business, but it is
> not that hard to block the sign-up portion of your site until you are
> ready. Hopefully this whole thread can be a lesson to someone looking to
> setup a business and avoid this kind of thing.
>
> Brian, David, anyone else, my sincerest apologies.
>
> --
> Kristian Kielhofner

CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at luxadmin.org
Internet Service Provider      http://www.luxadmin.org
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4544 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060