[Asterisk-Users] VoiceConduits - Notice, Apology, and Clarification

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Dec 30 15:18:55 MST 2004

ml-asterisk-users at voiceconduits.com wrote:

> Hello,
>

> This is David Deutsch, and I’m the owner of VoiceConduits. There seems
> to be some confusion related to our company, regarding the past few posts.
>

> VoiceConduits is currently NOT open for public business, we have never
> to date advertised or attempted to attract business. It appears that a
> few people heard about our company via a mention in a SineApps article
> and found our beta system that is under development. We apologize that a
> few people managed to sign up via this interface, and we will happily
> refund anyone who did so immediately, additionally we will supply them
> with free credit to be used once we are in fact live.
>

> It was certainly never our intention to “defraud” individuals of the
> asterisk or voip community, our understanding is that only 5 people have
> managed to signup thru this automated system, and we will be contacting
> each of them individually to insure they are refunded and happy with the
> resolution.
>

> Thank you,
>

> David Deutsch, President
>
> Tris Telecommunications, LLC
>
> (800) 547-4057 x1001

David,

	Thank you for calling me and clearing things up.  It seems that once
you have VoiceConduits up and running it will be an excellent service.
I really do look forward to doing business with VoiceConduits.  For the
record:

1) The Sri Lanka number was a cell phone in India, where David was
helping with the tsunami.

2) The Wyoming \ Nevada inc. thing, was done to minimize personal
liability, as in Delaware.  Why I don't necessarily agree with it, I can
certainly understand why you would want to do it...

	In the world of spam and shoddy internet transactions, it is not that
hard to at least make your company LOOK legitimate.  This includes valid
contact numbers, good communication, accurate WHOIS records, etc.   I
can appreciate that you were not ready for business, but it is not that
hard to block the sign-up portion of your site until you are ready.
Hopefully this whole thread can be a lesson to someone looking to setup
a business and avoid this kind of thing.

Brian, David, anyone else, my sincerest apologies.

--
Kristian Kielhofner