[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and Zapatel

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Dec 30 10:08:44 MST 2004

My PSTN line doesn't allways hang up properly after it goes to voicemail.
The problem occurs when a caller hangs up during the initial greeting.
Even though the hangup accured, voicemail continues to record, usually a
fast busy and/or a teleco generated "please hangup now" message. After the
voicemail.conf 'maxmessage=180' expires the line simply stays offhook.

The hardware is a X100P card and this is my extensions.conf for incoming
PSTN calls:

; Parameters for calls from PSTN
PSTN_RNG_EXTEN=SIP/251&SIP/261&SIP/211
PSTN_RNG_TIME=20                       ; 20 seconds are about 6 rings

[inbound-pstn-local]
;
; Our local telephone line. We do not have caller ID so we set it to
; a sensible value.
;
exten => s,1,SetCallerID(Outside Caller <7377296>)
exten => s,2,Dial(${PSTN_RNG_EXTEN},${PSTN_RNG_TIME},tr)
exten => s,3,Voicemail(u01)
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => s,103,Voicemail(b01)
exten => s,104,Hangup