OT: [Asterisk-Users] Is asterisk that unstable ????

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Thu Dec 30 09:44:45 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> Does any business outside of a ISP still use analog modems? I would
> think internet connections and good encryption would be the norm for
> those needs than an analog modem.

Funny story, and not really related, but I was talking to a guy who
works upstairs from our office at a tech support place, that handles a
lot of stuff for the local banks.

Apparently one bank does all their nightly 'updates' to the 'central
server' through 28.8 modems connecting via Telex (remember that
program?) and pushing updates that way.

It's early, I'm bored, and you asked! :)

Matt

--
Matt Gibson
VOIP Administrator