[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Digium TDM04B

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Dec 29 21:22:38 MST 2004

On December 29, 2004 11:03 pm, Sudhir Kumar wrote:
> 1. When it dials out, many times the digits are not properly recognized
> by telco as I hear the announcement "please check the number and dial
> again" although I see on the screen that the dialed number is correct.

I would try to stretch out the length of the DTMF digits.  I have noticed that
PlayDigits' digits are awfully short, I imagine that they're equally short
out of the zap interface.

The default length appears to be either 100ms or 800ms, I'm not sure which.

from zaptel/digits.h:
#define DEFAULT_DTMF_LENGTH     100 * 8

I'd perhaps try changing that value to 250 or even 500 -- Note that I have not
done this myself before, I am merely guessing.

-A.