[Asterisk-Users] Hook/Flash, Hold, Call Waiting, Three Way Calling

PHP Mechanic oliver.bode at phpmechanic.com
Wed Dec 29 19:32:50 MST 2004

>> Hi, I have a TDM411B and when I am using asterisk I can't get hook/flash
>> or hold to work when using asterisk, which means I can't use three way
>> calling or the call waiting functions. I've tried using combinations of
>> hook flash button and "*0" on three different phones and I dont get a
>> dial tone, the other party is not put on hold, and I don't see the keys
>> I'm pressing in the CLI.
>>
>> When I take asterisk out of the equasion and plug the analoge phones
>> directly into the telephone line everything works as you would expect.
>> Can someone post an example of a working extensions.conf / zapata.conf
>> where they use hook/flash that I can try.
>
> Do you have the following in your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf BEFORE the
> channel number?

Yes. My zapata.conf is below.
My setup is POTS - Asterisk/TDM411B - PSTN Line. While connected to another
party if I press flash  or *0 on my analoge phone I don't get a dialtone,
the called party does not go on hold and I don't see anything in the CLI -
it doesn't work. It all works fine when I don't use asterisk.

[channels]
;
; TDM400P Port #4 plugged wall
; This is the PSTN Line
;
context=PSTN
signalling=fxs_ls
busydetect=yes ; to test when a line is hung-up
busycount=6 ; to prevent suprious hangups
echotraining=800
echocancel=yes
immediate=no
musiconhold=default
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
channel => 4

;
; TDM400P Port #1 plugged into analog Phone
; This phone is allowed to dial extensions and local and long distance
numbers
;
context=RealPhone
signalling=fxo_ls