[Asterisk-Users] Hook/Flash, Hold, Call Waiting, Three Way Calling

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Dec 29 16:33:43 MST 2004

On December 29, 2004 06:25 pm, PHP Mechanic wrote:
> Hi, I have a TDM411B and when I am using asterisk I can't get hook/flash or
> hold to work when using asterisk, which means I can't use three way calling
> or the call waiting functions. I've tried using combinations of  hook flash
> button and "*0" on three different phones and I dont get a dial tone, the
> other party is not put on hold, and I don't see the keys I'm pressing in
> the CLI.

Are you trying to use these features in * or on the line?

> When I take asterisk out of the equasion and plug the analoge phones
> directly into the telephone line everything works as you would expect. Can
> someone post an example of a working extensions.conf / zapata.conf  where
> they use hook/flash that I can try.

This sounds like you are subscribed to these services via your telco -- this
means you need to flash the line, not your phone.  To do something like that
I imagine you'd have to hit # or hookflash your phone and then have dialplan
logic in extensions.conf which would Flash() the proper Zap line.

Doesn't sound easy but I've never done it myself.

-A.