[Asterisk-Users] Recording/Monitoring a call mid-stream?

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Wed Dec 29 13:52:23 MST 2004

Is there a way to monitor a call mid-stream? I did look on the Wiki and
found that AstGUI can do it, but it's a bit of an overkill. What I want is
for a customer service rep, sitting in front of a Cisco 7960, to be able to
hit a button (either on their phone, or maybe a specific webpage) that will
start recording the call from that point on.

I'm thinking the services button on the Cisco could be rigged to send the
proper command to the manager interface, to start recording the call. But I
don't know how to write such a program. I'm hoping something already exists.
Anybody?