[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk OH323 acting as a gatekeeper

Alejandro Ruiz alitoruiz35 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 05:56:56 MST 2004

Hi,
I am testing asterisk in several situations, I still can not
understand why we have to deal with two different h323 channels...
Here is the problem, I have a cisco 3700 who sends h323 calls to asterisk.
then I process the call upon several users parameters, and send it to
another cisco gateway.
All the transactions are made in h323.
I first tried with h323 channel, and had no audio... I guess that is
because g729 is not g729a.
So I tried with oh323, and I finally got audio!
Unfortunately the oh323 acts like a gatekeeper... and trys  to create
the direct call between the two ciscos... therefore, once the
communication is accomplish it hangs up.
I had to make available both g729a anf g729 in my oh323.conf, since
the first cisco appears to use that codec.
I tried all the combinations successfully, since cisco->asterisk->sip
works ok and asterisk->cisco2 works too.
I am sure this works since asterisk is transcoding can not make the
rtp to flow directly between the two clients.
Does somebody knows how to deal with this?

Thanks,
Alito