[Asterisk-Users] Wildcard remote looping

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Tue Dec 28 16:26:58 MST 2004

Mark Farver wrote:

> Is there something special that needs to be done to allow a T100P/T400
> to respond to a remote loop request?

For a T1 the phone company would expect to see their Network Interface
Unit (NIU) which can be looped with a special repeating code. Using a
different repeating code they would expect to be able to loop up a
Circuit Service Unit (CSU). The NIU belongs to the phone company. The
NIU would belong to the customer.

A CSU is not needed for voice TDM services and so does not usually exist.

I do not believe the Digium T1 cards have built in the CSU functionality
and so the phone company will not be able to loop it. When I have talked
with the phone company I just tell them that there is not a CSU.

If CSU functionality is required, it would require a change to the driver.

Don Pobanz