[Asterisk-Users] Can't install asterisk-addons for Realtime Extensions

Gabriel Afana adtomi at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 28 01:41:41 MST 2004

Hi,
    Trying to setup the addons for MySQL support so I can use the realtime
extensions but its not installing.  With a fresh CVS download, running Make
spits out a bunch of mp3 errors.  After editing the Makefile, it gets
straight to the point of installing the MySQL stuff, but it still spits out
errors:

[root at g0 asterisk-addons]# make
cc -shared -Xlinker -x -o cdr_addon_mysql.so
cdr_addon_mysql.o -lmysqlclient -lz  -L/usr/lib/mysql
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
with -fPIC
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cdr_addon_mysql.so] Error 1

    I have all my mysql packages installed (including libs and headers).  I
am running on Redhat ES on an AMD64 platform.  I've already created a
symbolic link for /usr/lib/mysql to point to /usr/lib64/mysql...didn't help.
I've already searched around and found a few others with a similar problem
but couldn't find a solution that worked.  Any ideaers?

Gabe