[Asterisk-Users] Incoming Calls

David Norton asterisk at tsol.co.za
Sun Dec 26 14:16:13 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have the following scenario, it may already have been answered elsewhere,
but I cant find the solution.

I already have a PBX and would like to start implementing asterisk. I have
ordered a 4 port card from the asterisk store (2 port FXS and 2 port FXO)
and am waiting for it to arrive.

I do not want to plug my incoming lines into my FXO ports yet as not all the
desks have IP phones yet. I will put 2 extension lines of my existing PBX
into asterisk. When a call comes in, it will ring on all extensions,
including the asterisk ones. Here is where the problem is.

When the call comes in, it will be ringing on 2 of the FXO ports, and all
the other phones in the office. I would like various / all the IP phones to
ring, however asterisk must not answer the call while that is happening or
else the normal extension would not continue ringing. Obviously when an IP
phone answers it will then pick up the call and connect the 2. Is this
possible, or is this how it normally works by default?

Thanks in advanced

David Norton