[Asterisk-Users] Diax echo problem

Fletcher Jones fletch1 at tuicorp.com
Mon Dec 27 08:21:57 MST 2004

Good morning,
    I just got asterisk up and going and set it up to communicate to test calling out to a PSTN phone number. My configuration is as follows:

My Diax client --> IAX2 on my asterisk server --> IAX2 (voice pulse server) --> PSTN -->my PSTN phone.

I don't have any ZAP hardware. I'm only communicating using IP.
For timing, I installed the ztdummy module successfully and execute modprob ztdummy prior to starting up asterisk.
I use an Intel router to go from my asterisk server to the voice pulse asterisk server.

Here is what happens:

(1) The person on my PSTN phone talks and always hears an echo of what they said.
(2) Using the headset on my Diax client, I can hear the person on my PSTN phone clearly, I don't hear an echo on the ear phone.
(3) When I talk talk into the headset microphone, the person on my PSTN phone can not hear me at all. Also, I don't hear any sound in my ear phone. It sounds totally dead.

Please help if you can.

Fletcher Jones