[Asterisk-Users] Generic Network profile for VOIP

Matt Larsen mlarsen at inventivemedia.net
Mon Dec 27 08:08:28 MST 2004

Has anyone put together a list of basic modifications & recommended
settings to optimize a TCP/IP (mostly wireless)network for VOIP?
Specifically G.711 & IAX protocol, and the Vonage and Packet8 services.

My network is mostly StarOS (which uses linux cbq and ipchains) and
Mikrotik and I'd like to put in some tweaks to get VOIP working better.

It is working just fine right now, with a couple of minor exceptions,
but I do want to make sure that everything from the customer end to my
Asterisk VOIP gateway is optimized and scalable.

Thanks!

Matt Larsen
mlarsen at inventivemedia.net