[Asterisk-Users] Predictive dialer

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Sun Dec 26 21:14:12 MST 2004

Yes, it can be used to make annoying telemarketing calls. But in our case,
we created it initially to use to call back our client base for reminder
calls on system maintenance. Previously we had just given agents a list of
clients to call each day manually, which was very inefficient and didn't
guarantee that we would get a hold of many customers and didn't have agent
performance or call logging. With VICIDIAL we greatly improved our tracking
of call-backs, we integrated it with our web-based CRM system and it now
works with our 800-numbers for inbound as well so we can do blended inbound
and outbound calling for a segment of our agents to maximize their
productivity(and so they aren't sitting doing nothing during the random gaps
in inbound calls coming into the 800 numbers).

We have done several other different outbound campaigns in the USA, UK and
Australia over the last year as well. During peak campaign times, we've had
as many as 80 agents on the VICIDIAL system at once handling over 40,000
calls in and out during one day.

Most of the people I've talked to that are using VICIDIAL currently are
doing Business to Business calling(Some of the businesses using VICIDIAL:
Small Business Trade publications, services targeted to realtors, corporate
travel services, Communication services).

I'm not sure if Business-targeted telemarketing would qualify as
non-annoying, but it is the most common use of VICIDIAL at the moment.

And I must mention that for the few Domestic USA campaigns that we have
done, we did fully filter our leads against the Do Not Call list, and that
is the best way to not get any annoying telemarketing calls here in the US.

MATT---