[Asterisk-Users] Tie web application to VOIP

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Dec 25 01:38:32 MST 2004

Hi,

Okay, lets cut it out with all the database and OS flamewars.

In general, and almost entirely independent of what database you are using,
you could do the following:

Have a linux machine with your VoIP setup (Asterisk would be my choice of
the moment) and create a cronjob on there that will check if the database
has modified entries (i.e. through the ODBC layer). If so, you create
(partial) configuration files that suit your needs and reload the asterisk
machine.

Only issue is: You will need to have cleartext passwords in your database. I
am aware this is a bad design issue, but the only workaround I can come up
with is not acceptable to me: If you can enforce md5 authentication on all
your users, you'd have enough with the md5 hash in the database.

Florian