[Asterisk-Users] FC3, TDM11B (DEVPCI) and asterisk

Jeff jsoehner at the-techy.com
Fri Dec 24 16:49:27 MST 2004

Hey folks;

 I am a old Dialogic telephony hack and have tried asterisk a while back on
a laptop with the OSS module and I liked what I saw. I recently came across
some info regarding asterisk 1.0 and thought I should give it a go. I used a
AMD K7 MB, compiled the binaries without a real problem and realized that I
might have a sound card issue because I couldn't hear the messages but the
demo worked otherwise. I noticed that my sound card was having a problem so
I abandoned that approach but I'm not finished just yet.

I then decided to get a DEV kit and give it a real go. I compiled the
binaries (zaptel and asterisk) without incident and I was able to start the
drivers. I have green lights on port 1 and 4 and I understand that port 1 is
the station port (for a 2500 set regular phone set?) and that port 4 is able
to connect to a regular 1FL (simple pots line).

I used some 'examples' from the Digium site and when that didn't work I used
a few from a link I found
(http://iheavy.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=35) but
I have no dialtone on the phone and it won't pickup (or write ANY logs) when
I call the line.

My question(s) for the list is/are;

Does anyone have a working asterisk system using zaptel TDM cards on FC3
with kernel  2.6.9-1.681_FC3 and if so, is there something that I am
missing?

Any tips would be appreciated and thanx in advance.

Jeff