[Asterisk-Users] Tie web application to VOIP

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Fri Dec 24 22:04:41 MST 2004

Steven,

Just a quick reminder, MS SQL on Windows is hands down the best
performing transact SQL database on the planet, and Oracle on Windows is
a close #2. Some might argue that Oracle is #1 and MS is #2. Anyone that
argues any Linux SQL db even comes close in performance better provide
some evidence to back their argument. The asp.net SQL database providers
for MS SQL and Oracle SQL are highly optimized direct socket interfaces
to the SQL server. (no odbc crap!) You would be hard pressed to build a
faster web app than asp.net talking to MS or Oracle SQL servers with the
native .net provider.

It will not surprise me a bit to see the better of the asterisk web
front ends on MS platforms, primarily because the larger companies that
might use * in the future already use MS SQL and Oracle for their
customer databases.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against UNIX/Linux, I just know that
both windows and Linux have their place in the world.