[Asterisk-Users] Switch polarity to disconnect a FXS channel

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Dec 24 13:28:53 MST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Luis Czop wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I´m trying to integrate Asterisk  with another PBX (Nortel Meridian)
>
> I need to switch the polarity of a FXS port (ZAP channel) to inform the
> other PBX that the channel was released.
>
> Does anyone knows the way I can do it?

There has been some talk lately regarding both detcting reversals and
generating them. The former is mostly on the bug tracker and the latter
(which you are interesetd in) can be found on asterisk-users. Search for
"TDM400P FXS polarity reversal".

I don't think either is implemented yet in the standard distribution/cvs
tree.

Peter