[Asterisk-Users] T100P frame slips

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 24 07:09:05 MST 2004

On December 24, 2004 08:48 am, Patrick wrote:
> I read somewhere that to be able to hear the fax tones you need to give
> Asterisk 1 or 2 seconds to be able to pick them up. So put a Wait(1) or
> Wait(2) in your dialplan (directly after Answer would make sense to me)
> so Asterisk can figure out it's a fax call and throw it to the fax
> extension.

While this is true, it doesn't apply to my particular case -- I have a DID
specific to faxes which is thrown to my "faxsterisk" box over IAX.

Basically

PRI -> colo* < dedicated IAX2 link > faxsterisk -> TDM430P -> faxmachines

faxmachines -> world = good faxes
world -> faxmachines = 50+% failure rate
world -> rx_fax on faxsterisk = good faxes

-A.