[Asterisk-Users] Record() problem

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Fri Dec 24 03:09:03 MST 2004

Kobus

We have a similar requirement and our solution has been to minimise our
dependence upon hardware wherever possible.

We have two PSTN lines that are serviced by * and a pair of X101P cards but
these are for "emergency" use, for example if our broadband connection were
to be unavailable.

For our main telephony needs we use www.voiptalk.com as a VoIP provider that
supports IAX (by making sure we use IAX we know there will be no SIP/RPT/NAT
issues).  We get the benefit of fxo technology without having to buy and
support it.

We can make up to 25 outgoing calls and receive up to 5 calls
simultaneously.  Clearly not sustainable if the company were to grow
significantly but effective and great value for money now and the immediate
future.

Out other investment has been in HandyTone ATAs into which we plug DECT
phones so that they be used anywhere within the office.

So far it has proved remarkably successfully.

By the way, we started using Libretel and FWD but the FWD element has proved
too unreliable.  To be fair, they say that their IAX service is
experimental.  Moving to a commercial IAX provider has made a big
difference.

Bill Seddon