[Asterisk-Users] Record() problem

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Dec 24 02:13:58 MST 2004

Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to install 4 to 6 lines for our new office and hook it into an *
> system.
>
> I want as little trouble as possible, what fxo hardware do you
> recommend?  I see that poeple on the list are complaining about digium
> tdm400 cards...?
>
> Are grandstream phones stable and easy to setup? Any problems with *?

As was mentioned in an earlier post on a different topic, the "squeaking
wheels" are easier to hear on the list than the satisfied users are.

I have five installations using various combinations of iaxys, TDMX00s,
and X101s, every day, and everyone is happy.

Grandstreams are a "love them" or "hate them" proposition.  I am in an
odd middle: I know they sound a bit shitty, but I am looking to live in
a future where audio "phone" conversations don't hog bandwidth the way
that TDM does now.  So I use the BT101 with iLBC for all of my calls,
and while none of my co-callers think it sounds like I'm in the room
with them, all of them say my speech is perfectly intelligible.

I'm placing all my calls on an instance of asterisk running on a $70
Linksys WRT54GS, too, for the same reason.

There are many, many choices.  Go to www.voip-info.org and read up.

B.