[Asterisk-Users] T100P frame slips

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 23 18:57:40 MST 2004

On December 23, 2004 08:29 pm, Steve Underwood wrote:
> This point is interesting. On most systems, if you cannot here regular
> ticks its pretty certain there are no slips. With the Digium cards, for
> some reason, many people have slips (usually due to configuration issues
> rather than faulty cards) yet were unaware of this until they have
> trouble with my spandsp software.

That is weird.

I am receiving faxes with no issues at all now using spandsp and app_rxfax,
however passing the same audio stream on to a real fax machine (Canon IR3300
and/or some manner of ancient laser fax which does support > 9600 baud)
causes bad receives.  This is on a TDM430P, and was tested in a Xeon 2.8
Supermicro motherboard and also on a rinky-dink old P3-800 (app_rxfax works
just great on the latter and is in fact what we're using).

Want to know the kicker?  sending faxes out from either of those fax machines
mentioned above through the exact same TDM430P... no issues at all.  Just
receiving.

A T100P + Adit600 channel bank had no problems with those same faxes with the
same SuperMicro server.

-A.