[Asterisk-Users] T100P frame slips

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Dec 23 18:29:19 MST 2004

Michael Welter wrote:

> I posted last week that taking timing from either the T100P or the
> Adtran TA750 had no effect--that my fax transmissions crashed either
> way.  It turns out that the T100P card is bad and delivers random
> slips during a fax transmission--sometimes after several pages
> printed. Replacing the card solved the problem.  BTW, the slip is not
> audible on a butt set.
>
> <Whew>  What a waste of time.

This point is interesting. On most systems, if you cannot here regular
ticks its pretty certain there are no slips. With the Digium cards, for
some reason, many people have slips (usually due to configuration issues
rather than faulty cards) yet were unaware of this until they have
trouble with my spandsp software.

Regards,
Steve