[Asterisk-Users] Recommended IAX softphone.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 23 14:43:43 MST 2004

After having been toying around with asterisk and various VoIP stuff
for a couple of weeks now, I want to recommend a preferred protocol
and softphone to friends and family for calling me up.

As SIP and H323 are such a mess to set up in NATed environments, the
only reasonable protocol option right now seems to be IAX.

After looking at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+IAX+clients
and trying some of those, I'm still not sure which the best client
might be.

Do you guys have any recommendation, in view of robustness, codec
support, general feature richness? If so, I would like to hear ...

Thanks, Bruno.