[Asterisk-Users] Fw: [digium.com #12961] T100P as bandwidth

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Thu Dec 23 13:33:06 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On December 23, 2004 02:31 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
>

>>>While I agree, I also must point out
>>>- TDM400P - this card seems to be the #1 source of problems.  I believe
>>>the FXO module issues are solved but the FXS issues are still around.
>>>Hopefully the same fix works.
>>>

>>I think this is also a case of unprepared users and a not yet polished
>>product. Only those doing small time to hobby deployments use those
>>cards. You can't expect them to be as knowledgeable as the people
>>deploying on PRIs. I think both aspects compound the trouble.
>>

>Untrue.  SOHO deployments would make very good use of this card, but I am
>speccing out T100Ps and channel banks (and all the costs associated with this
>setup) because these cards are not stable (yet).  Being able to put a pair or
>even three TDM400Ps would be very beneficial to me, and I'm neither a hobby
>user nor unknowlegeable about the issues at hand.  (At least I don't think I
>am unknowlegeable, perhaps I am?)

Yes, and the attitude towards TDM400s coming from Digium and
professionals in general does not help much to resolve issues with this
card.

Also, treating TDM400 as a hobbyist's toy is not helping to promote this
card, while the whole setup considering the price and
would-be-performance is unbelievable and has a great potential.

Thank you,
Andrei