[Asterisk-Users] Fw: [digium.com #12961] T100P as bandwidth

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 23 13:16:05 MST 2004

On December 23, 2004 02:31 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> > While I agree, I also must point out
> > - TDM400P - this card seems to be the #1 source of problems.  I believe
> > the FXO module issues are solved but the FXS issues are still around.
> > Hopefully the same fix works.

> I think this is also a case of unprepared users and a not yet polished
> product. Only those doing small time to hobby deployments use those
> cards. You can't expect them to be as knowledgeable as the people
> deploying on PRIs. I think both aspects compound the trouble.

Untrue.  SOHO deployments would make very good use of this card, but I am
speccing out T100Ps and channel banks (and all the costs associated with this
setup) because these cards are not stable (yet).  Being able to put a pair or
even three TDM400Ps would be very beneficial to me, and I'm neither a hobby
user nor unknowlegeable about the issues at hand.  (At least I don't think I
am unknowlegeable, perhaps I am?)

> Out of the number of multi hundred deployments I have heard about, I
> think the couple you hear here and there are probably statistically
> insignificant overall. Doesn't help the specific users who are getting
> bit, but overall, I don't see enough to think there is an inherent
> problem.

I agree -- I must admit I added the IAXy to "pad out" my argument -- my main
beef is with the TDM4XXP card/driver.

-A.