[Asterisk-Users] RedAlarm (t100p - Adtran Total Access 750)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 23 11:22:54 MST 2004

On December 23, 2004 12:52 pm, Colin Anderson wrote:
> My Atlas 550 provides timing and I set my zaptel.conf to:
>  span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

You won't get red alarms, but I bet you'll get the occassional clock slip
(heard as a momentary buzz or blip in the audio).  Basically spans are
point-to-point -- one end provides clock and the other will "tune" its
internal clock to the other end's recovered clock.  If the channel bank's
thinking it's the clock master and you have that span line then neither end
is going to try and lock its own clock to the recovered line.

Handy sync value chart:
0 = internal clock does NOT try to sync to this span this span
1 = internal clock syncs to this span (it's the primary source)
2 = use this span for sync source if primary is down
3 = use this span for sync source if primary and secondary are down
4 = etc...

-A.