[Asterisk-Users] Out of G.729 Decoder Licenses!

Ronen Engler rengler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 23:12:56 MST 2004

Hi guys,
I got 2 licenses of g.729 and while running the asterisk with Monitor
(for recording a channel) and using one channel for the call... I
receive this error:
WARNING[23826]: codec_g729.c:180 g729tolin_framein: Out of G.729
Decoder Licenses!

many times....
it starts only when the call through the Zap channel takes place.

while this error is being running on my screen I ran the cli command:
show g729 and got:
0/2 encoders/decoders of 2 licensed channels are currently in use

when monitor is disabled, on the same situations I get:
1/1 encoders/decoders of 2 licensed channels are currently in use

1. why is it using the g729 for the monitoring while it's on the server itself?
2. why is it using the g729 for placing a call through the x100 (zap
device) that is on the computer?