[Asterisk-Users] Can somebody email me the Sipura SPA-2000 andSPA-3000 documentation?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Dec 22 15:33:05 MST 2004

David Ishmael wrote:

> Yeah, I’d like to get those docs too.

> *Subject:* [Asterisk-Users] Can somebody email me the Sipura SPA-2000
> andSPA-3000 documentation?
>

> I heard Sipura had really awesome documentation on the SPA-2000 and
> SPA-3000, but you have to email them for it. When I did, they said I had
> to get it from a reseller. It’s been a while since I bought my units, I
> don’t even remember where or who they were bought from. Can somebody
> email me the documentation for these devices? I’m quite interested in
> knowing what every one of their 200+ options does.

They do, but you need to be authorized by Sipura and given a login and
password to get it.  I was just approved yesterday and am awaiting the
login information.  It gives you access the the 145 page PDF's, the
Sipura Profile Compiler, and the GenMC tool that allows you to setup
certs for SRTP calls between devices.

My take on the whole situation is that they just don't want people who
don't know what they are doing to be given the "option" of destroying
their SPA's or flooding Sipura with \stupid\ requests on how to use the
command line programs, etc.  I can just imagine the people that can't
figure out the web GUI on the SPA's try to edit ASCII config files with
variable substitution and run it all through a command-line app that
requires knowledge of public-key cryptography and other fun stuff.  If
everyone that bought a Sipura had access to these tools, Sipura would be
flooded with calls with questions like "How do I get to a command prompt
in my Windows XP", etc.

The "User" guides on the public area of Sipura are really quite good.

--
Kristian Kielhofner