[Asterisk-Users] Another Asterisk Certification - Ordained Ministers, oh my!

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Dec 22 11:45:51 MST 2004

Alexander Lopez wrote:

> Agreed, You have a strong point about the Monopoly aspect of the whole
> thing. My .02 would be to have this be a Digium product. Heck, Mark DID
> invent the thing and HE holds the copyright to it.  I have faith in Mark
> and what he can do when he gets back from France.
>
> When I taught Sun and SCO classes (flame throwers down, please) it was
> SCO corporate that provided the Certification, albeit outsourced but it
> was from the same people that put out the OS.  In order to be an
> instructor you needed to have taken the course or have 'tested out' and
> had to have a score above 90 on your exam. (70 was passing). This allows
> the certification program to grow as your instructors know the course
> material and will be able to teach students with real world situations.
> You would purchase the course materials at a 60% discount. For the 40%
> they would handle certs, and testing at Sylvan.

I think that it is pretty obvious that this is a joke, aside from the
striking similarity to "internet minister", the payment buttons go no
where, they POINT OUT that the funds go to the Caymen's, etc.

Check this out:

http://www.ulc.org/

Most of my friends have "ordained" themselves after some long nights of
partying or whatnot.  The site claims to have ordained over 400,000
people.  If I am not mistaken you even get a certificate that you can
print out so you can park in clergy spots at hospitals, etc...

Let's get back to Asterisk chatter! (After you all ordain yourselves, of
course)!

--
Kristian Kielhofner