[Asterisk-Users] Another Asterisk Certification

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Wed Dec 22 11:17:50 MST 2004

Agreed, You have a strong point about the Monopoly aspect of the whole
thing. My .02 would be to have this be a Digium product. Heck, Mark DID
invent the thing and HE holds the copyright to it.  I have faith in Mark
and what he can do when he gets back from France.

When I taught Sun and SCO classes (flame throwers down, please) it was
SCO corporate that provided the Certification, albeit outsourced but it
was from the same people that put out the OS.  In order to be an
instructor you needed to have taken the course or have 'tested out' and
had to have a score above 90 on your exam. (70 was passing). This allows
the certification program to grow as your instructors know the course
material and will be able to teach students with real world situations.
You would purchase the course materials at a 60% discount. For the 40%
they would handle certs, and testing at Sylvan.