[Asterisk-Users] sip seeding vs registration

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Wed Dec 22 09:29:32 MST 2004

At 12:43 AM 12/22/04, you wrote:
>Seeding occurs if there is still a persistent record (in astdb) of a preceding
>location registration of a peer after a restart of asterisk or the sip
>channel.
>
>If Asterisk goes down and the peer has a long registration refresh time,
>the phone maybe inaccessible for a while (until its own refresh timer expires)
>if there is no record of its IP address after the restart.
>The persistent record and seeding (of the IP address) solves this.

so this might be the problem with the registration failures?
Registration from '<sip:52221 at 192.168.70.2>' failed for '192.168.70.26'

Asterisk registration timeout is shorter than the phone registration timeout???

I'm not sure my statement makes any kind of sense, if it does, than there is a
serious issue with the asterisk device communication system.

Regards
Greg