[Asterisk-Users] Troubleshooting Asterisk

Paul Brock Paul at westcomuk.com
Wed Dec 22 03:28:09 MST 2004

>That actually tells why it doesn't work. :-) It can't find anything in
>[from-sip] that matches the number you are trying to call.

>You shouldn't put nat=yes in your sip.conf - * can see the Cisco's
>directly, so no need to do that.

>It seems you haven't included the [voiptalk] context in the [from-sip]
>context.

>Context's are not mixed between sip.conf, iax.conf and extension.conf.

>You don't need the [voiptalk] in your iax.conf to create a IAX call to
>another *.

>The [voiptalk] in iax.conf is used when the remote * tries to connect to
>you.

Michael,

Again another success - played yesterday and now have outgoing calls working
ok :) (and I got voicemail working whilst I was thinking about it!)
Thanks again!!

Ok. Last one ;)

Incoming calls using IAX...

Have set up as follows :

iax.conf:

[08450043064]
type=friend
username=08450043064
context=default

extensions.conf:

[default]
exten => 08450043064,1,Dial(SIP/2001)
(should take call and forward to existing sip extension 2001)

I get Number unobtainable :(

Now the * Switch is behind a firewall, however it currently has ports
5036,5060,5082 and 4569 passed through. If the above config is correct,
anyone know what ports need to be enabled for allow incoming IAX calls.

Seeing nothing coming in on a trace, which would make sense - meaning it's
not actually hitting the * switch, hinting of possibly a port blocking
config....

Paul