[Asterisk-Users] Lets try this again then! Q: SIP error from dialplan I suspect!

David Uzzell asterisk-list at uzzell.com.au
Tue Dec 21 23:32:09 MST 2004

Matt Hess wrote:
> is this current cvs or something? It looks completely abnormal for stable..

Ah sorry it is CVS 12/12/04

> seems you are doing a lot of extra stuff you don't need to.. I'd see if
> just this works for you..
>
> exten => 800,1,Dial(SIP/800,60)
> exten => 800,2,VoiceMail(800)

Cool thanks for that. It creates the same error. :(

  -- Executing Dial("IAX2/firefly at 89280250/3", "SIP/800|60") in new stack
Dec 22 17:22:10 NOTICE[6568]: app_dial.c:800 dial_exec: Unable to create
channel of type 'SIP' (cause 3)
   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time

I have X-lite running and can call from one to the another sip so thats
not a problem :(

> also.. why disallow all and then allow most everything? seems like you
> are trying to over think things.. no offense.

None taken. The only reason I am doing it that way and I know it is not
great for a productions system is that I am using a few different SIP
phones both soft and hard to do testing.