[Asterisk-Users] Dialplan help - Can dial any user but not thePSTN

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Tue Dec 21 21:10:21 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Brown
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 8:02 PM
To: 'el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Dialplan help - Can dial any user but not
thePSTN

Flynn,

Yes, that makes sense. However, in my case I have incoming calls
arriving on an IAX channel from a PSTN gateway. I think the concept is
the same.

That said, if incoming calls have access to the internal context so they
can call internal extension doesn't that assume that hey have the
ability to dial outbound as well if internal context users can? This is
what my testing suggests unless I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks much!

Chad

> What do you mean by "define your internal ppl to this context"?
>
> Thanks for responding!
>
> Chad

Here's what I mean:

extensions.conf
================
[internal]
; define your internal ppl to this context
include => extensions
exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})

zapata.conf
===========
[channels]
; TDM40B card
signalling=fxo_ks
context=internal
channel => 1-4

iax.conf
========
[1000]
type=friend
context=internal
disallow=all
allow=gsm
host=dynamic
username=1000
secret=1000

so this meanas the four extensions plugged in to the TDM40B's all will
fall into
the "internal" extension, as does the IAX user "1000". So if you have
additional
office staff at extensions "5001", "5002" and "5003" connected via SIP,
in
sip.conf you'd create those entries and set "context=internal" in the
respective
entries.

Hope this helps!

Flynn